28.08.2012 - 28.08.2012 69 °F
Well, here we are ... 28 days, 6 countries, 7 cities, 8 flights, 26 workouts, dozens of exciting meals, and hundreds of unforgettable experiences later ... it's almost over. We have learned, enjoyed, and really relaxed. We feel so lucky to have embarked upon this amazing trip, and while we're sad that it's coming to a close, we're excited for what's to come.
Before I wax sentimental for too much longer, let me update you briefly on today. It'll be easy! Coffee, run (Centennial Park for me, Harbour for Kev), "mecca" for lunch, reading for hours in the Botanic Gardens, packing/ work on home stuff/ furniture shopping. That was basically the day!
Tonight, though, we had a special outing planned. We boarded the Captain Cook Cruise Line for a Dinner Cruise, to soak in the views of Sydney and enjoy the time together. We had a great time, and took far more pictures than we'll post here. I had salmon and Kev had ravioli with Wagyu bolognaise sauce, and we spent a while on the top deck just gazing at the city. It was beautiful and a great way to spend the last night!
I'll leave you with the top 5 things we will miss from the trip, and the top 5 things we're looking forward to upon our return.
1. Spending 24 hours a day together, and not even getting sick of each other .
2. Exploring new cultures and learning so much about new cities.
3. No responsibilities! Checking email when we want to, going wherever we want to, taking a nap in the middle of the day if we want to ... you get the point!
4. Truly looking forward to each day and getting excited for what's to come.
5. Having someone clean our room every day and replenish it with water, coffee, etc.!
We look forward to...
1. (Hopefully) closing on our first home purchase next Tuesday 9/4, and picking up my new car Thursday 8/30.
2. Not living out of suitcases (it's been since 6/22, so we can't wait until move in day in a few weeks!)
3. Huge bowls of ice cream! Goldfish! Massive piles of fruits and vegetables! Sneaking bites out of those huge bowls of ice cream! (You can guess who said which one)
4. Exploring Dallas, and calling it home again (and having Mom and Dad nearby!)
5. Wearing my wedding and engagement rings again (in case you haven't noticed, I've been sporting this lovely $9 Amazon.com beauty all trip, just for peace of mind).
And a bonus #6. NOT having to get on a plane each week ... oh, wait ... darn consulting! Well, here's to hoping racking up all the airline miles and hotel points again leads to another great vacation in 2 years!
Until then, thanks so much for reading, commenting, and sharing the experience with us! It's been a great one!
-Megan and Kevin